1 2 3 4

Thursday 15 October 2015

God does not carry a whip in his hands








God does not carry a whip in his hands


I don’t know about you, but for a very long time in my life I was almost scared of God.  When things went wrong in my life, the first thing that crossed my mind was:  Is this God’s way of punishing me?  I have so many sins.  I do not pray enough.  I fall asleep when I read the Bible.  Even worse, Sundays in church, from boredom, I count the bricks in the wall behind the pulpit.  (And this is not easy when ons loses count at number 504 and has to start all over again!)  Oh, those feelings of guilt!  U just knew I deserved it when God wanted to “teach me a lesson” from heaven.


What an injustice to God!  To him who does not want to punish people.  Who certainly does not have a whip in his hand.  His hands are too full already to carry a whip.  The whole world is in his hands.  For no other reason than that he loves this world.  Of which you are a part.


If I can change one thing today, I will delete this picture of an angry God from my head.  A spoilsport God.  Beause this is not how God is.  He is not a watch-it-I-am-watching-you-God.  He is an I-care-about-you-God.  An if-you-are unhappy-and-sad-I-cry-with-you-God.


This is how I want to think of God.




Ronell Bezuidenhout : God in your life





Jo-Ann Diamond  :  Wonderfully Made @ Facebook


Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment