1 2 3 4

Monday 7 September 2015

Have you prayed about that yet?





Have you prayed about that yet?

Written by Heather Hart

Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.  -  Psalm 5:2


Do you ever complain about the simple things in life? I know I do. Sometimes I catch myself complaining about something that I know is just temporary. It might be an upset stomach, or I'm too hot or too cold, or maybe I'm hungry, the list goes on. I know these things don't last forever and I know they aren't going to kill me, yet I complain anyway.

Well, yesterday I was reading and it came to my attention that while I'm great at complaining, I don't always take the time to take my simple requests before God. I know that God cares about me, and that He cares about my circumstances, after all, He has every hair on my head numbered. I know that God has the power to meet my needs, or to meet me where I am and make me content, but so often I fail to ask.
It reminds me of the Israelites in the desert. They complained because they had no water, yet as soon as Moses took their request to the Lord, their need was met. All they had to do was ask. Of course there is the difference between needs and wants, but if we truly have a need, and we bring our request before God, we will not be forsaken (Joshua 1:5).

Reflection:
Are you complaining about something that you haven't even asked God to take care of yet?

Application Step:
Whenever you catch yourself complaining, remember that our God is powerful enough to meet your needs, and remember that He will not forsake you. Ask Him to take care of you, then trust Him to make it so.

Prayer:
Lord God, I so often forget to ask you for things and go straight to complaining. Please forgive me. Help me to put my trust and my faith in you. Help me to remember that you are all powerful, and that you can take care of me, no matter what the circumstance. I love you, Lord. Thank you for loving me. In the name of your son, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment